Reports to Manufacturing Engineer
Scope: Function in a 'hands-on' and leadership capacity setting up, starting and monitoring injection molding jobs ensuring that the process is acceptable and product meets requirements; establish the process for new molds; troubleshoot existing injection mold and extrusion processes when required. Must have strong knowledge and skill in injection molding and tooling. Extrusion and machine shop skills a plus.
Job Functions and Skills
- Correctly set up and start jobs. Establish stable process.
- Monitor quality, cycle and process of current jobs. Correct as needed.
- Document process parameters and details.
- Cross-train with other technicians. Train operators and materials handlers as needed.
- Work independently and within a team.
- Clearly communicate in English (Spanish a plus) both written and verbal.
- Run and evaluate engineering and customer samples.
- Troubleshoot problem processes relative to tooling, equipment, part design or resin.
- Interface primarily with Mfg. Engr., QA, and scheduling, but also engineering and sales.
- Perform basic QA inspection including the use of measurement tools.
- Work with MS Office, e-mail, and Epicor ERP (once trained).
- Follow and support safety procedures and maintain shop floor cleanliness.
- Support goals and work procedures established by management.
- Knowledge of advanced injection molding, scientific or decoupled molding, optimization.
- Flexible to changing priorities, new ideas and learning new skills.
- Strong knowledge of mold and tooling care and construction.
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers, pin gages and other specialized tooling to ensure that parts are properly manufactured.
- Extrusion and machine shop skills a plus
- ISO 9001, TS 16949, AIAG APQP are valuable pluses.
Education and / or Experience:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); knowledge of plastics processing to include both resins and injection molding machines is required. Must be able to follow schedules and organize work to meet deadlines. Must have a minimum of three years' experience in processing with a variety of resins and equipment. Supervisory experience in a factory environment is preferred.
Extrusion Machinist / Operator
MINER ELASTOMER PRODUCTS CORP.
PREPARED BY: K. Louis DATE: 3/2/21
APPROVED BY: E Hahn DATE: 3/2/21
Scope/Summary Statement: Perform duties necessary to produce and assemble product in accordance with process instructions and quality specifications, in a safe and timely manner.
Job Function Statements: Perform all manufacturing, safety, quality, and assembly functions utilizing both verbal and written work instructions.
- Ability to perform basic (as a minimum) or advanced (preferred) machining operations such as milling, lathe work, drill, and saw. This includes setting up the machine and monitoring the machining processes.
- Ability to machine parts for "fit and function" as well as to meet specifications.
- Read and follow blueprints, drawings and sketches.
- Ensures work area cleanliness and safety.
- Inspect set up and parts to ensure quality standards.
- Follows work instructions, as trained and/or provided, during the manufacturing process.
- Report required information to appropriate quality and production forms (parts, labor, etc.).
- Able to work alone and within a team environment.
- Operation of manual & semi-automatic presses and other production machines.
- Alert shift lead or management of any questionable conditions concerning quality or equipment operation.
- Perform mold or tooling changes per production requirements.
- Count and label product, packaging and bulk containers.
- Perform repetitive operations.
- Maintain shop floor housekeeping and organization
- Set and remove die sets according to specifications.
- Operate lift truck, welder, sand blaster, etc.
- Fill in for other employees when needed.
- Other duties as required.
TOOLS EQUIP. & MEASURING INSTRUMENTS: The use of quality gauges, rulers, welders, hydraulic presses, spray painter, small arbor presses, hand tools, fixtures and packaging equipment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related experience and/or training. Basic PC operation (email, office), CAD is a plus. Training by MEPC in the use of the current ERP system.
CLOSING STATEMENTS: Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned. Comply with attendance program.
Machinist reports to Machine Shop Foreman, Miner Enterprises
Work location: Geneva, IL.
The Machinist will be responsible for the planning, setup, and operation of all machine shop equipment such as milling, grinding, drilling, band/chop saw, turning (lathe work) and polishing.
Job Function Statements:
Education and / or Experience:
Hydraulic Mechanic reports to Foreman, Miner Enterprises
Work location: Geneva, IL. Full Time-1st. shift
The Hydraulic Mechanic is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of heavy duty hydraulic equipment, as well as performing general machine/building maintenance.
We are currently looking for qualified Assemblers to work full time in our Geneva, IL location.
Interested applicants should send a resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now below.
We are looking for someone on first shift and someone on second shift.
Essential responsibilities include:
As this role is very hands-on, it is imperative that candidates have:
Join us as we look to move business for the next 100 years! We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested applicants should send a resume with salary expectations to email@example.com or apply now below.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online, apply in person or mail-in resume. Please note your salary requirements.
Miner Enterprises, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1200 E. State Street
Geneva, IL 60134
Miner Enterprises, Inc. employees earn a competitive salary. In addition, Miner Enterprises, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees professionally, as well as personally.
Equal Opportunities Employment
It is the policy of Miner Enterprises, Inc. to afford Equal Employment Opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin or sex. Further, all applicable laws relating to age, marital status, and disability discrimination will be strictly adhered to.
This policy of Equal Employment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship.