We are looking for a Desktop Technician to join our corporate IT team!
This individual will provide support to both internal and external users to ensure effective problem identification and resolution of front-end software and hardware tools, which include desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices and printers used throughout the organization. This includes new computer set-up, images, software installation, upgrades and troubleshooting. Conducts problem identification and resolution with a focus on "first call" resolution, while accurately recording all requests and problem information in the ticket system. Tracks all issues and problems through the process to resolution and ensures all closure information is captured and accurately documented in the ticket system.
Candidates should have knowledge of:
- Windows desktop operating systems and MS Office suites.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of, and ability to solve, technical issues related to Windows, desktop networking and file sharing issues.
- Additional knowledge of hardware devices such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers and copiers/scanners is helpful.
- Candidates who are motivated by a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple changing priorities and tasks is important.
- Exceptional customer service attitude is required.
- Relies on critical thinking/judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Successful candidates will be able to show a certain level of creativity and latitude in solving problems.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Help Desk/PC Support services
- Associate Degree in a computer related field will be preferred.
- Candidates must have strong written/oral communication skills, of both a technical and non-technical nature.
- Must be detail oriented, dependable, flexible and organized.
- Must be able to move approximately 20-25 lbs and be able to maneuver under workstations and other areas that are not easily accessible.
- PPO and HMO Medical Plan available
- Dental PPO and DHMO
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Pension & Profit Sharing Retirement plan available
- On-site, highly subsidized cafeteria for employees
Miner Enterprises, Inc. employees earn a competitive salary.
Miner Enterprises, Inc.
offers a comprehensive benefits package designed
to help employees professionally, as well as personally.
Here is just a sample of our programs:
- A wide range of benefits, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance and more
- Educational Reimbursement
- Service Awards
- Pension and Profit Sharing Programs
- Credit Union
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Management/Leadership Development
Equal Employment Opportunities
It is the policy of Miner Enterprises, Inc. to afford Equal Employment Opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin or sex. Further, all applicable laws relating to age, marital status, and disability discrimination will be strictly adhered to. This policy of Equal Employment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online, apply in person or mail-in resume. Please attach your resume with salary requirements.
Miner Enterprises, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1200 E. State Street
Geneva, IL 60134