Powerbrace Corporation is the premier manufacturer of heavy-duty door securement products for the truck-trailer and container industries. We offer quality lockrods and hinges, plus special cargo door security products and accessories for trailer/container manufacture and repair. Powerbrace's Rail Products Division supplies customers of WH Miner with a series of discharge gates and brake beams to the rail industry. Miner Enterprises, Inc, with world headquarters in Geneva, Illinois, has been a leader in the supply of freight car components to the railroad industry since 1984.
Currently, we are looking for a Quality Inspector to join our team in Kenosha, WI. This position requires experience in all quality assurance/control tasks within a documented quality system including, and not limited to, gage calibration/maintenance, creation and revision of system documents, corrective/preventative actions and inspection of product.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum or 5 years of strong quality assurance/control/ systems experience, be a team player, and a self-starter computer and problem solving skills. Experience with documentation, various audit types and techniques, various measurement devices and inspection techniques. Candidates who have a 3 or more years experience with welding inspection will be preferred.
Insurance & Benefits Manager
We are seeking an experience Employee Benefits & Insurance Manager to join our corporate headquarters in Geneva, IL. This team member will be responsible for:
• All aspects of the employee benefit program, including plan design, rate negotiations, claim resolutions, day-to-day administration, billing, account reconciliation, COBRA and 5500 and other required filings.
• Business insurance lines, which includes property, casualty lines, workers compensation, cargo and liability. This will include working with our broker to prepare annual carrier submission for renewals, reviewing insurance requirements against customer requests for Certificates, facilitating internal discussion regarding product liability/workers compensation claims, etc.
• Preparation of bi-weekly payroll and annual insurance budget by division; administration of employee reviews and maintaining employee medical and personnel files.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in business or related field with 5-7 years experience with insurance, with a focus on employee benefit administration. Benefit knowledge/experience should include:
• Plan design and modeling with impact on rate and positioning
• Employee assistance in claim resolutions
• Analysis of current benefit structure to future organizational needs
• Wellness programs
As this role is very hands-on, it is imperative that candidates have:
• Excellent communication skills, both in person and via electronic methods
• An ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to look at the broader picture and manage details
Currently, we are looking for a CAD Operator to join our team in Geneva, IL. This team member support our engineering initiatives in delivering customer centered products by preparing CAD drawings and sketches from marked prints and verbal descriptions. This involves working with #D modeling softare to create and modify drawings for use by other departments and customers. The work involves working from drawings, sketches or scanned images, customer drawings or specifications. The ideal candidate may have responsibility for some design elements as well.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum or one year of technical school with one year experience in SolidWorks, or other 3D modeling software and experience in the manufacturing of castings, forging and fabrication of metal products. Demonstrated analytical ability and the ability to multi-task is important in this role as well as the ability to effectively communicate in a matrix organization. Salary is commensurate with experience.
In this key role for Powerbrace Corporation, you will assist our Buyer in processing and managing secondary finishing operations and MRO purchasing through our ERP system. This position requires a minimum of 5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing/ metalworking environment. Candidate should have experience with value stream mapping, ERP systems, and global purchasing.
Compensation will be based upon experience and is coupled with a comprehensive benefits package.
Miner Enterprises, Inc. employees earn a competitive salary.
Miner Enterprises, Inc.
offers a comprehensive benefits package designed
to help employees professionally, as well as personally.
Here is just a sample of our programs:
- A wide range of benefits, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance and more
- Educational Reimbursement
- Service Awards
- Pension and Profit Sharing Programs
- Credit Union
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Management/Leadership Development
Equal Employment Opportunities
It is the policy of Miner Enterprises, Inc. to afford Equal Employment Opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin or sex. Further, all applicable laws relating to age, marital status, and disability discrimination will be strictly adhered to. This policy of Equal Employment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online, apply in person or mail-in resume. Please attach your resume with salary requirements.
Miner Enterprises, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1200 E. State Street
Geneva, IL 60134